Thursday, January 27, 2011

Animaterasures

 Oni Buchanan's Mandrake Vehicles are quite beautiful on their own, but also the coolest way I've seen process shown. I can't stop trying to trace back each little decision. 

And here are two photos my little brother sent me to prove he wasn't just being a weirdo when I found him standing in a dark room in the middle of the night, holding a flashlight. I thought of them when Rachel was talking about looking at the object that isn't there. Rachel, I think you should look at them. 


2 comments:

  1. Those photos are crazy, but exactly what I'm talking about. The nothing that's there is obviously a something-- it's fluid, it has possession and movement, and is it just light, or a reflection? It's a void in itself but it gives shape to the space around it.

    It's funny, the way you put it makes it slightly ambiguous as to whether this is from a dark room, or the result of a flashlight in a darkroom, but, real or created, it has the same effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny. I didn't even think of it when I wrote it. It's the result of a flashlight and a long exposure in a dark room. A dark bedroom that is.

    ReplyDelete