Sunday, April 3, 2011

The McCarty to Bonney Transition.

It is such a pleasure reading a book that takes place where I'm from. It's even better that I adore the book.

I'm pretty sure that both the Mescalero territory, and the Chisum's home are in southern New Mexico. Here are some of my brother's photos from that area. He walked the entire length of the continental divide in the United States and has some amazing photographs. However, keep in mind that is rarely rains. (Average precipitation is less then 10 in/year.) It just happened to rain while he was there and everything looked unusually green afterward.

I'm trying to find my (lesser-in-quality) photos of Fort Sumner and Mr. The Kid's grave, but they are MIA. I used to go there in high school. Anyway, my family has been in NM (southern and eastern) 4-5 generations and just to indulge myself, here's a family photo.

1 comment:

  1. "Mr. The Kid" : ) : ) : )! That lightening in the middle is incredible.

    ReplyDelete